Search

Loading...

3/15/10

Meet the Locals


Last week, I hosted a 40th Birthday Party for a very special friend.
Fortunately,  I had some amazing help...

Dan Rice of Aux Delice Foods in Greenwich, CT, did an amazing job with the food and menu.
Dan also helped me with the rental chairs in the picture above,  since my regular dining room
chairs could not accommodate all of the guests.
He was part shrink and part party planner for me!




And I was lucky enough to persuade local
Pound Ridge resident,
Michael George,
 to drop off some arrangements
on his way home from work.
His floral design company of the same name
is in New York City.
Aren't these arrangements so pretty?

Michael does the flowers for all the big fashion houses
and has worked for Martha Stewart as well!
To see more of his beautiful designs, you can click here.


17 comments:

  1. gorgeous! i bet your friend was delighted beyond words.
    very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice friend you are! That looks like a lovely party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a good friend. Sounds like it was a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear, I would love he came over to Belgium to help me with some flower designs! I love Michael's floral design!
    xx
    Greet

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out beautifully... what a lucky friend to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The party planner (that would be you) is very good. It takes some good back up to get it all together. Love the hyacinths and the Dining room as well. Well done and what a lucky friend indeed. pgt

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE Michael George flowers-gorgeous! What a good friend you are-best barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely friend you are! The flowers are stunning! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful arrangements and I love the French panelling painted in duck egg blue in the background! Gorgeous post ... you must have had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply beautiful! My birthday is October 10th...

    xoxo

    Marija

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh! These flowers are exquisite! They take me back to the gorgeous bouquet you gave me on my wedding day! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a fabulous party! Great food, great flowers, great friends!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow. gorgeousness! i think those flowers would be my favorite part! glad you had a great party. hostessing is such fun, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is all so wonderful...great job! Bet your friend was thrilled!!!

    My birthday is July 10th!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. the arrangements are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You really are such a generous, kind and stylish friend.
    Love that your shared this.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, I invite you to visit my blog. Kiss OLI

    http://entrebarrancos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved