Search

Loading...

3/9/10

Thank You Bill Cunningham!

After writing about some of the fabulous gifts that my thoughtful friend, Adina, had given me (these Kate Spade books and this amazing perfume),
I was starting to get a bit of a complex...

was she always giving me the best gifts? 

Surely, I must have reciprocated, right?

And, then this past weekend, Bill Cunningham,
of the New York Times Style Section,
stepped in and made my day!


He did a photo spread about the beautiful scarves
women in New York City are wearing.
And he photographed my friend, Adina,
 wearing this gorgeous Missoni scarf
that I, gave her, for her Birthday, two years ago!
How chic does she look!?
She had no idea her picture was taken
until she opened the paper Sunday morning!

I honestly don't know who was more excited...me or her!

 

So, thank you Mr. Cunningham.  
We love your street style photos!
And, I miss New York City...sigh...

{now I can post all the other lovely gifts she has given me...guilt free}






images via: NewYorkTimes

28 comments:

  1. Fun!! What a great gift, it is a gorgeous scarf. I always thought I coulda lived in NYC....Maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! How cool! Love the scarf - I am such a missoni girl :) Keep the gift posts coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that! I think she OWES you another gift now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a photograph of myself by Bill - and every time I look at it reminds to take more care, to love life for fashionable moments.
    I adore Bill and his bike, I think he really is so interesting. Always spot on.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool is that!!! I would have been ecstatic as well. Oh and Missoni? LOVE it. Great choice. XO Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny! I wouldn't mind a scarf like that either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just wonderful for both you and her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh, how fabulous!!!!! What a compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how fabulous is this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is so stinking great!!! and Adina looks fabulous!! How do I get in on this gift giving?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Missoni scarf, you friend looks very elegant! See, what goes around really does come around!! You are a very generous friend!!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww I love this! Best friends are the best! She looks like a hottie in your sweet gift!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a gorgeous scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you're so right. Loved it

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun, indeed... quite the week for me and my scarf! The gifts are just a happy symbol of the friendship behind them... perhaps that's what inspired Mr. Cunningham.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous scarf. How do I sign up for friendship with such generous group as yours?

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a gift for both of you...how often are there any real unexpected surprises that come our way, that can really just make us smile???

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adina: Awww!

    A+A: So true!

    everyone: thanks for all the great comments...keep em coming, its the gift that keeps on giving!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great friend you are and what a chic friend you have! Reminds me to brush my hair and put on lipstick before I leave the house...

    ReplyDelete
  20. I need friends like you. I'm with Buzz's comment. You never know when your pic is going to be in the Sunday paper :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a nice blog you have. and how fun to see your stylish friend on the pages of a great NY paper.
    Thanks for sharing
    Firoozeh

    ReplyDelete
  22. that is so cool!! (great scarf).

    ReplyDelete
  23. No way! How fun is that?! You know you've got great style when... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. awesome. And beautiful scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  25. great story-Cunningham is so amazing-peddling his bike through the street of the city, you never know who you will find on Sunday morning!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved