Search

Loading...

9/8/10

Summer Style Secrets: A Diary Of Lovely

Hey...just because Labor Day has come and gone...
doesn't mean that Summer is over!
{and yes, I do have issues letting go and moving on...}

This week's Style Secrets are coming in from across the pond,
please welcome Helena, from A Diary Of Lovely!


~*~


When Sue invited me to participate in her Summer Style Secrets series I got really excited. I love The Zhush and I find Sue an extremely stylish woman so I'm honored. 
I like summer, don't love it but it's nice to have a nit of heat, especially in London. I'll be honest, I don't have many summer secrets, oops! But I have a few. 

Beauty
- Chamomille: I left my hair grow to gain its natural color 4 years ago and now, I think, I can say it is 100% my color. I would be called a light brunette (ish?) not sure but in the summer I like to think I have some gold highlights and the way to go is chamomile, real one. I'm sure Baby Johnson also works though.
Bare Escentuals Minerals: That's a year rounder. I like their foundation so much because it's light and I don't feel my pores are tampered.
- Moisturizer with SPF: Because we all should!
- For the beach: I love the oil free Piz Buin Spray. Banana Boat has the best after sun aloe vera gel. And I always try to carry my Cheery Carmex and Avene or Evian spray water, so good, especially in a  heat wave! 


Fashion
- Dresses all the way, any kind really, floaty and light are the best. I love bright prints but also solid coloured ones. I avoid black but it happens sometimes. 
- Cardigans: Yes because the office IS cold!
- Shorts: LOVE them!!
- Straw hats: they make me happy!
- Sunglasses

At Home
- Peonies, don't we all?
- Strawberries, with cream, orange juice or just like that
- White crisp bedlinen, a must for all year along but in the summer it looks even better!
- Refreshing juices and cocktails, bring it on!!
- BBQs, happy days! unfortunately living in the city it's complicated sometimes.

Thank you Sue! I love these posts!! Thanks for having me here xoxo


 Thanks Helena!
{and now craving a Pimm's Cup!}





46 comments:

  1. Yes to the Bare Minerals!! It's great stuff!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like crisp white linens and strawberries and cream - already beginning to miss summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay to BBQs...and I am totally shorts girl:)...Great post:) Wish you both a wonderful day:)
    Kisses,girls

    Ps: I will be hosting a cute GIVEAWAY this afternoon… so please join in !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great list...love all your fashion items and love peonies or any beautiful flowers in the home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am OBSESSED with Evian spray! perfect for beach/boat/airplane for a quick refresher :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes to straw hats and sunglasses!! Fun to see you over here Helena!!

    xoxo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am on my way over to her blog right now....thanks for sharing. Oh, and I LOVE peonies too, too bad they just don't grow here in the south very well. --Gretchen O.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE dresses! - and Bare Minerals, have em' but hardly ever wear em', i don't think i know how to "apply" properly :o(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly lovely!
    I am like you, hanging on every summer minute!
    I had brought back a wonderful white linen table cloth from Berlin, it whitens and brightens my dining room! Together with some flowers it makes the late summer gorgeous inside!
    Thanks, Helena for a sweet guest post!
    Thanks Sue for sharing her with us!

    XX
    V.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love so many of her recommendations! Also, Zhush you have an international following...some are just beginning summer! On another note, received my first pair of Toms yesterday and I'm in love! (I learned about them from you!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Summer isn't over yet! Fabulous tips she's given

    ReplyDelete
  12. Strawberries & cream, Yum! Thanks for stopping by RHS. Hope you are well today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. yay!! i love helena - she is so sweet and such great fashion taste too! (love her blog). thanks for having her share with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh! So many things I would have had on my list!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! I love Helena!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hooray! Dresses are definitely one of my favorite style things about summer.

    ReplyDelete
  17. refreshing juices & definitely cocktails...I love it! thanks for featuring the wonderful & adorable Helena!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a fun and well thought out post! Lovely lovely- I can tell her summer was full of fun and beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Always love a huge bunch of peonies! Great to hear from Helena!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Peonies and cocktails! Fun to hear your style secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post ; ) I'm in denial that Fall is here/fast approaching. I just can't. let. go. !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Denim cutoffs are such a must! Love them.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great post! I share a lot of these loves. I am not ready for Summer to be over already!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. hey thank you a million times for your comment today over at Oh My Darling! I cant believe you went to Pace Law! Small world :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fab! I'm a Bare Minerals girl for sure, stays put in the Georgia heat and humidity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great summer review- Bring on the cocktails!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great post! So many great choices but I especially love peonies and white linens. Two things you will always find in my home in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great post! I always have Banana Boat around the house and i love Bare Escentuals minerals too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. is time to get ready for summer down under.
    X
    V

    ReplyDelete
  30. Peonies, white linens and fresh juices. Sounds like the best kind of living to me!
    xoxo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nice to see you over here!! Such great things on your list - I love my bare minerals!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Whats a super fun list!...how long will the summer lists keep going?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ahhh- natural hair color. I don't even know what that is anymore. p.s. former lawyer here too- shhhhh!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. She is so awesome! Fab list! Thanks for your sweet comment, Sue, much, much appreciated, as I know you are a woman of great style and taste! XX!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm opting for a proper recipe for the Pimm's cup!
    Best,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovely and pretty post! What a great list!
    Have a pretty day!
    kristin

    ReplyDelete
  37. Dresses and peonies...That's my girl!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Helena is SO sweet and so right on! I'm right there with her on her choices... the best thing a girl can do these days is be practical about beauty (using SPF) and of course having adorable outfits and perfect white bedding!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm a fan of Bare Escentuals Minerals as well!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh, I didn't know that aDoL is from London. Wonderful tips - also, English summers always call for the 'onion' look, i.e. layers. It's never really hot (something I miss here in the UK).

    ReplyDelete
  41. Fabulous post Helena!!! Now you're making me miss summer even more :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Excellent post, just loved it! Thank you for letting us in on your secrets!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thank you so much Sue for giving the opportunity to share my summer secrets with all of your readers!! and thank you all, your comments are so so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Lovely post Helena! I am holding on to summer for dear life...! And I am sticking to white bed linen all year long to keep a little bit of that summer feel.

    Have not seen Pimm's for a long time! Thanks for the reminder! (:

    A big hug to you both,

    ox, Mon

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved