Search

Loading...

10/27/10

Fabulous Fall Finds: Peppermint Bliss


This week's Fabulous Finds are coming straight from Chicago...please welcome Bailey of Peppermint Bliss!  A designer, newlywed and really fun blogger, I love reading her fresh take on everything from pop culture to window treatments.


 ~*~

Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. Everyone gets so excited about Spring, and after my first Chicago winter, I did too, but to me Fall is the most romantic, energizing- and stylish time of year. It is that back to school excitement. The first crispness in the air, and realizing that sometimes a chunky sweater is way sexier than a bikini. Even Summer Love would be nothing without the threat of the upcoming Fall. Fall is apples, and Dawsons Creek, and Jenny and Oliver Barret, and outdoor fires.


I got married this September in Aspen, and I am sure that will only make my romance with the Fall all the more passionate…

      {My Bridesmaids in their Fall Foliage splendor}
I hope you enjoy my picks!

Plaid:

 


                                                                         

It’s just so preppy and classic and cozy!


Farm Life:

Fall also makes me crave country life, I can barely stand to visit the EmersonMade store/blog without being tempted to pack it all up for my own little slice of farm life. 


It doesn’t hurt the fantasy that their clothes are the cutest fall items around, either.



Capes:


Lauren Moffat has some very cute items that take me back to my boarding school days.  I’m still uncertain as to whether or not I could ever pull this look off, but I very much would like to.

                                                                   


Skin:


Just because summer is over doesn't mean you can neglect your skin! Fall is just the first hint of the violent abuse winter wreaks on my sensitive dermy.  Fresh Body Scrub- Discovered this in prepping for the wedding, like a fabulous pedi for the whole bod!
 Finish up with Frederic Fekkai Shea Butter…And I mean…Silky soft glowy dewy baby-bottom skin.



Now that I'm a Sadie Sadie, Married Lady I think I must take better care of my paws.  I'm really loving OPI’s Ski Teal We Drop for my next mani!

Cocktails:


I love myself a seasonal cocktail, and besides being the prettiest bottles around…St. Germain, makes some delightful Fall Bevies


I hope you all enjoyed my Fall finds, and that you have some fun weekend plans full of frolicking and apple picking and crisp Fall delights!
Xoxo
BQ
~*~

Thanks for sharing all your cute and fabu finds Bailey!

Images via:  MyVintageVogue:Lonny:TheSartorialist;LaurenMoffat;EmersonMade

44 comments:

  1. Those are wonderful Fall finds...I love the capes and Emerson goodies are fantastic!
    Wish you both a lovely day
    Kisses

    Ps: I am hosting a ban.do headband GIVEAWAY later today! Please, join in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the intro Sue! I must know Bailey now. She sounds like my kinda chick...and I LOVE her picks for all things fall!!

    Great post! Have a happy hump-day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to agree with Bailey on everything - especially the fall fashions! Nothing better than wrapping yourself up in a cozy sweater or cape. Love the pictures of her Aspen wedding... so romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just recently discovered peppermint Bliss too! She is lovely! Thanks for this post!

    xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, you show me why you love autumn ! :)
    I am uberly agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bailey, totally agree with you! Autumn is my favorite time of year, and like you, I also got married in my favorite season, September 20th to be exact. Just one more thing to love about the Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was married in June because I had to (waiting until after we graduated college, but had to do it before we moved cross country). I so wish I could have had a fall or winter wedding. I find them to be immensely more romantic than summer.

    Great finds to accompany your feelings!

    Bethany
    www.DirksenDabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. great picks, Bailey, I especially love those plaids - to wear and to have around the house for fall. great job!

    donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great finds and congratulations on your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  10. u just jogged my memory that i have a plaid coat like u posted! - now i gotta find it *err* .. LOVE capes, still haven't found any i like tho (that are resonable in $$)

    *kiss kiss*
    Erika

    PS - spreading the word - come one come all and
    *Enter Camille Beckman Luxury Give-Away Here*

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your list! I too would like to chuck it all and move to the country and wear plaid capes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very fun picks. I have been really drawn to moving to the country. On the way to my son's school each morning we pass a new barn that is being built. I really want a barn, some hens, alpaca's. Maybe someday! Great capes and polish too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super fun post!!! Love the wedding pix you posted, and I really really really want my photo taken with chickens in front of me. Too cute! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. great picks! I LOVE (obsessed) with Fresh products!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these finds!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post. Love the glen plaid cape! The wedding was beautiful. Love the dresses.
    Have a great day.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your picks! EmersonMade has some pretty fantastic pieces! Love the nail color! Fall is by far my favorite time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wonderful post Bailey! Love Bailey's blog! Her wedding was fanstatic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous finds indeed!! Missing my old woodgrain Grand Wagoneer...

    ReplyDelete
  20. great picks! always love plaid :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. loving the fall foliage !!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Every single thing she said about Fall is totally in my heart!!!! I love it and I love everything about it. It is romantic and cozy and totally makes me want to be in the country.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I'm loving ALL things plaid right now!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. i like this post. Love the glen plaid cape!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great images! Where did you go to boarding school?

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are all great finds! This makes me want to exfoliate and throw on some plaid:)

    Amy R.

    ReplyDelete
  27. fun reading, peppermint bliss, and cool name ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love Story is one of my favorite films, I actually named my pup Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love that country chic! Just lovely! Great guest post! XX!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love so much here!! Your bridesmaid's dresses for starters - beautiful.

    But the Lauren Moffatt pieces are just wonderful, too. And Brown Sugar Body Polish is a staple. I can't remember life without it :)

    xoxo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  31. In total agreement...from the plaid to emersonmade to the brown sugar body polish! Wish the weather would cooperate and get out of the 80's. --Gretchen O.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This list is awesome! I am a sucker for dark nail colors for fall/winter so I think I need to run out and get that OPI shade!
    Nancy xo

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fabulous finds! I just might have to try the teal polish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh, I love St Germain --especially in Champagne! Such fun picks! I'm mad for plaid, too!!! xoxo E

    ReplyDelete
  35. your wedding was AMAZING!! love your fall finds, plaid is def on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  36. That outdoor wedding picture is so great! How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  37. The plaid is SO cute - I especially love the bed throw. I want to wear plaid this season, but it's difficult to do it and not feel like a Christmas package. Or a Scottish dancer. :)
    -SF

    ReplyDelete
  38. I could not agree with you more. Fall is the best! ALthough I'm in Miami...to me its a reminder of being in college and going to football games, or visiting friends in New England and seeing the fall foliage...we got married in the fall too! It's the best...and this fall we are having our baby...so its a very special time of year...and the vlothes are the best. xo

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the capes and all your fall finds. You are gorgeous in your dress! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Fabulous Guest Post... she hit all the right buttons! I've always love Fall Fashions, it's all so cozy and full of memories!

    ReplyDelete
  41. SusieQ! Do you have the best readers or what??
    Thank you all so much for your sweet comments!
    xoxo
    Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great finds! Who makes that plaid bomber jacket--I think I'm in love!

    xoxo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'll take the EmersonMade jacket and a bottle of St. Germain!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved