Search

Loading...

10/13/10

Fabulous Fall Finds: Style Chronicle


This week, I'm thrilled to have Sarah from Style Chronicle here!  Sarah has a great eye for style with a fresh take on all things chic!  I'm sure you'll love her fabulous finds.
~*~
I was thrilled when Sue notified me that the series she began this summer would be extended into the fall.  I've had the best time getting the "inside scoop" from some of the most stylish women in the blogging world. I was even more excited when Sue asked me to make a contribution!  As the fall season inches closer, our senses ready themselves for change. Before long we'll be experiencing the sound of crackling leaves, smelling the aroma of mulling spices simmering on the stove, and we'll be wrapping ourselves in soft, warm throws.

When it comes to getting ready for fall, I have a few "style secrets" that make the season all the more delightful:

My favorite sunscreen/tinted moisturizer for the cooler months is Revision's Intellishade SPF 45.  I'm not a big make-up person, so this gives me a light coverage that makes my skin look close to flawless.  
I like to pull out and use my throws that have been ignored all summer long.  While I love cashmere in the colder months, these cotton herringbone throws from Brahms Mount are perfect for those cool, crisp fall evenings. 

I always get excited about cooking again in the fall.  In the summer, our schedules are just too chaotic and the weather is too hot to cook a decent meal.  There is nothing that tastes more like fall than homemade pumpkin muffins.  My friend shared this recipe with me years ago and my kids beg for it all year long.  It comes from the Bread Bakers cook book:


2 1/4 cup wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 t baking powder
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup honey
1 cup pumpkin
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
Fresh whipped cream

Measure dry ingredients into mixing bowl.  Add liquids and mix until just blended.  Drop into greased muffin tins.  Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.  Top with fresh whipped cream.  Yum!

My husband's family owns a farm outside of Nashville and we love to take the kids out in the fall to savor the great outdoors.  My uniform for farm days are my Hunter Wellies and a lightweight jacket like this one from J.Crew.

For fancier occasions, one well fitting little black dress will carry you through the season.  I recently picked up this classic from DVF.


It has been so fun sharing my fall excitement with you.  Thanks again to Sue for letting me stop by!
 ~*~
Thanks Sarah! Will absolutely be trying out that muffin recipe...yum!
top image via: MyVintageVogue

49 comments:

  1. I love this! I'm so happy it's getting extended, too, great picks here! Love the herringbone blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great guest post. The muffin recipe sounds great! I will be trying it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those muffins sound wonderful. What a great guest post:)
    Kisses to both of you:)

    Ps: I am hosting a sweet GIVEAWAY later on today :) Hope you will join in :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to be introduced to Sarah! Can't wait to try the muffin recipe. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Throws are so perfect on the couch and thanks for the muffin recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this series and terrific finds! I've been in the market for a tinted moisturizer too. Thanks for all the great suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these and those pumpkin muffins! Yummy! XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I will try that recipe for a Broker's Open Brunch that I am hosting in a few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving that classic black dress - can we ever have enough?! And those pumpkin muffins will be made this weekend! Look amazing. Thanks, Sarah and Sue!!! xo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the jacket! Love the dress! Love the throw - heck it's just a great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great post - will definitely give those pumpkin muffins a try...wish I had one right now! LOVE the first photo of the tiny-waisted ladies in their smart suits. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was so fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! Those muffins look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love Sarah's blog and yours. So glad to see her over here sharing her fall favorites. I will be trying those muffins as well. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love her and I don't even know her! Those throws and that LBD are perfect. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that post, dress, cream and a recipe....just perfect.
    I'll try it out on my picky eaters! : ) Thank you Sarah!

    V.

    Sue, did you see the Chanel biography by Justine Picardie? I thought it must be right for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That muffin recipe looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post. mmm muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sue, I just love that you are continuing your Wednesday series! Sarah has got style...I love every single one of her tidbits. The black dress is perfect, the throw makes me happy just looking at it in the post, the recipe will have me winning mom of the year award with my kiddies and the outdoor ensemble is right up my alley. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I will be making those pumpkins for sure! y.u.m.

    ReplyDelete
  21. such a fun series, and a great post from start to finish ... thanks so much for introducing me to Style Chronicle ~ she writes one chic blog.

    p.s. I want that DVF dress. Oooh, I want it bad!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sarah,

    Great guest posting!! I adore the throw, cannot have too many!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great guest post - I love these features!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the jacket and the pumpkin muffin looks sooo good! Lovely guest post!


    I am hosting my first giveaway! hope you'll join in!
    http://coteprovence.blogspot.com/2010/10/my-first-ever-giveaway.html


    xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love a tailored suit, and the pencil skirts on these are perfect! Can wait to try the muffins, and I am headed over to check out the throw!.
    Have a great day.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  26. Enjoyed the post. Muffins look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  27. How I would love to know anyone with a little farm I could visit any old time. Lovely thought. Your little black dress is just about perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those muffins looks delish! And I love the LDB from DVF:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great stuff!
    I will surely be trying that muffin recipe. Looks wonderful!


    xx
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful autumn tips and I love the DVF dress - so Jackie O.!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Got to get that DVF dress - so versatile and chic - and love curling up with my Brahms Mount throw. Great fall style tips!

    ReplyDelete
  32. That little black dress is singing to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love that this series is going into fall! And that J.Crew jacket is gorgeous.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Those muffins look so yummy! And I adore that DVF trench. Fabulous post..I love this series!

    -Samantha
    http://sincerelysamantha.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love Sarah - I'm a regular over at Style Chronicle. I also love all her picks - great fall style!

    ReplyDelete
  36. that recipes looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love love love that herringbone throw. I'm a sucker for herringbone... oh, and fall!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fabulous post! And I'm so happy you extended this. Oh how I love fall :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh great choices! I have the same jacket from J.Crew and I am getting so much wear out of it! It is the perfect transition jacket for fall. I also love pumpkin muffins and this recipe looks delicious! Maybe I will try it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great post! And I do love pumpkin muffins! :)
    XO Piper

    ReplyDelete
  41. so many great pieces. adore the jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I am embarrased to say I had to google Dorothy Draper! I think she would approve of the lamps! At least I hope she would! I will post pic's tomorrow.Promise! I have to arrange things so they look half way decent... they are in V's polebarn! haha! The workbench with his tools really adds charm as a backdrop. haha!~
    That recipe looks delish! LOVE that little black dress. I needto try that sunscreen.
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  43. You never can have too many throws, can you? Thanks for the muffin recipe. Great post - thank you.
    Best,
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  44. All this makes autumn so much nicer - love the J.Crew jacket- yay, outdoors, here i come!

    ReplyDelete
  45. That is such an amazing black dress. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Perfect finds for the cozy season! I love pumpkin muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Sarah I need to try out this muffin recipe, it sounds divine! Thanks for sharing your fall finds :)
    Nancy xo

    ReplyDelete
  48. i think i need that throw immediately

    ReplyDelete
  49. I can't wait to try the pumpkin muffins! Can I borrow your dress?

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved