Search

Loading...

4/4/11

Monday's Pop of Purple

personal purple plea

Several weeks ago, I received an email from Sarah Greenman of La Maison Boheme.  I remember I was having a bad day...trivial things were annoying me.  Then I read Sarah's email, detailing her new baby son Charlie's condition, Craniosynostosis, and his upcoming surgery to help heal his fused skull.  That snapped me right out of my funk and made me so grateful for the health of my own family.  The things we can so easily take for granted some days are the very things this family needs right now.  Charlie's surgery is out of the Greenman's network plan.  In an effort to offset the cost of this expensive but necessary procedure, Charlie's older brother Walker (age 3) along with Sarah have set up an Etsy shop, where Walker is selling his own original art work in an effort to raise money and help his brother Charlie heal.  To learn more about Charlie and his family and to make a donation, please visit these links:
 

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up..I am off to check out her Etsy shop and say a little prayer right now. It sure puts things in perspective doesn't it? And that painting is fabulous!! xo Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a sad story..my prayers are with Charlie and his family..xx meenal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just read this on "Art by Karena" and am making a point of visiting Etsy today to check it out. Isn't the blogging community wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a heartwarming story...going to go now and see if I might be able to help. Thank you for making us aware.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to help out another in the blogging world. Thanks for letting us know about Charlie....and how we can help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blogging community is so powerful and I love the outpour of support for Charlie.
    His story is heart breaking and as a mother I had to sit back and breathe deeply a few times. Is there anything more cruel than sick or suffering children!?!

    Thank you for this post. It is heartwarming to see the closeness between us bloggers. If only the greater world was like this.

    Warm hugs to you

    xx Charlotta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoping all of our posts raise alot for this very special family:) And I agree, certainly puts things into perspective. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue I am so glad you posted about Charlie, I an getting a set of the notecards on Etsy...

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for reaching out Sue. My heart goes out to the entire family. I am of course buying.

    Love to you,

    Mon

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried to purchase but the shop was already sold out. I love the idea of spreading the word and helping out. Thanks for the post Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, thanks for sharing! i am checking out the etsy site now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. good to see that her shop sold out- means peole are helping out, thats great news. :))))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, so wonderful that they sold out. It's so great to see all the bloggers that are helping Charlie and his family out.
    Nancy xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Help Charlie Heal art card shop is restocked again! Thank you to everyone for your support and outpouring of love.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved