Search

Loading...

9/6/11

At The Apthorp

While reading the Bergdorf Goodman fall "magalogue" this weekend,  I fell in love with all sorts of accessories and clothes...this was to be expected.  However, I was pleasantly taken off guard when I came across an ad for The Apthorp, a famous New York City landmark building on the upper west side.  Known for it's unique courtyard and other European sensibilities, I was curious to see how this building was re-imagined and re-invented by designer Stephen Sills.  What I found on the building's site did not disappoint, and now I'm coveting an apartment in this building right along with all of my other Bergdorf finds!


12 comments:

  1. Great Post and Pics!!!

    lovely

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, both spaces are welcoming and subtly making a statement.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh now I want one. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is stunning. When I lived on the UWS, I used to pass by this building all the time. How I miss NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All right, this is my dream home. I'll stop looking anywhere else. Seriously, all the lines and use of space makes me swoon and I can easily imagine myself throwing parties or relaxing in that beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh look at those ceilings! How divine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely!! My massive Bergdorfs catalogue is sitting in my kitchen - waiting for when I have a few quiet moments to drool over all the offerings - including this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's not to covet in an apt like this one?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful rooms. Big city life wouldn't be so bad if you lived here!
    Angela and Renee

    ReplyDelete
  10. That apartment is spectacular...wow. Love that curvy sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too funny. I was going to blog these last week! I actually toured the building when it was empty before the conversion to condos. Its IN-SANE.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, you got me with the Saarinen table in the beautifully lit white kitchen. Ahhhh! I'm sure Bergdorf's delivers. I stayed at a hotel in downtown Dallas where Neiman Marcus was on speed dial ahead of room service. Unfortunately, my husband wouldn't let me go near that phone!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved