Perfect Weekend Retreat

I'm still in a state of shock that today is Labor Day (a.k.a.~the unofficial end of summer)!  Of course most of September, according to the calendar, is still technically summer...a fact of which many of my lucky friends with weekend places in the Hamptons, will often remind me.  They all agree that September is the perfect month for the Hamptons.  The weather is still warm, most of the crowds and traffic are gone.  And, speaking of perfect in terms of the Hamptons, I think this Watermill home, designed by David Scott Interiors, fits the bill quite nicely.  It seems like the ideal weekend retreat, regardless of the season.   Happy Labor Day!
Images via:  DavidScottInteriors


  1. I feel the same way - totally in shock that we are in September!! September is the best month on Nantucket as well - hoping I can get up there for a weekend. Love the black wicker - and of course the blue and orange! Hoping you're having a wonderful last hurrah!!

  2. Ditto for me! Where did summer go? Fortunately for me in Dubai, the best weather is yet to come so I'm not as sad as I usually would be - looking forward to cooler days and a nice walk outside. Happy Labour Day! :)

  3. September? Really?? What happened ?? That first image works so well the color palette is so very nice and crisp!

    Enjoy Sue!

    Art by Karena

  4. *** G' morning!!!

    Dear, dear friends have a "darling, precious dachsund", who is the love of their life... SO, I, of COURSE, sent this on to them.... lil' dogs in such CHARMING, HAPPY surroundings! A joy to see!

    Enjoy Labor Day!!!

    Linda in AZ *

  5. Would love to spend the day lounging like those darling dogs... alas, school starts tomorrow and backpacks need to be filled! Hope you have a great Labor Day!

  6. Ah, this summer space is so wonderful! We had a last slice of summer weather here in London this past weekend!

  7. I'm in shock because this is my birthday month...didn't I just have a birthday yesterday? I can't believe summer is almost over I'm not ready for snow! I'll just dream I'm lazing about in this stylish summer home with those two gorgeous pups!

  8. So glad I found your blog. Love the black wicker furniture and the zebra rug. It is hard to believe summer is over. I cant believe its almost Thanksgiving!

  9. Oh this retreat is just awesome!! Really it is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing!!

  10. What a divine home! Everything about it is just gorgeous.

    I am so happy that Summer will be here in Australia soon after seeing this post!

    Best wishes,

  11. September has come so quickly. Enjoy!

  12. Oh I love this so much.

    Also look the dogs in interiors shot trend - but boy what gorgeous dachies. Milo (my gorgeous dachshund) wishes he was on that sofa as well


  13. I bet the Hamptons would be ideal in Sept.... so much better w/out all of the crowds. Love this house and the dachshunds! xo

  14. What a nice spot for a weekend retreat. Love it all. Hope you had a great labor day!

  15. The adorable pups make it all the more wonderful! Hope you are having a great day!

  16. Love the fun color tempered with the white.


Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved