Style Stalking: Phillips deVeer Interiors

I first ran across the design work of Phillips deVeer Interiors on the popular Minnesota blog, House of Turquoise.  I've never been to Minnesota, but I've been to the charming waterfront town of Rowayton, Connecticut, where Phillips deVeer Interiors, is based, many, many times.  Only about twenty minutes from my house, Rowayton is where we go for fresh seafood in an effort to escape the land locked woods where we reside.  The happy color palette here combined with all these bright preppy touches is really the perfect aesthetic for lovely New England seaside shingle homes.
Images via: PhillipsdeVeerInteriors


  1. Love the patterns and the decor is definitely suited for a seaside home.

  2. Sue can you hear my heart beating faster!? I adore this style and palette and could easily live with it! Add some amazing art and done!

    Come and join my new fashion Giveaway from Fresh Produce!

    Art by Karena

  3. gorgeous interiors! I am so bonkers for the use of deep navy this fall, absolutely love the look!

  4. This home just reads, "FUN" to me. It looks young and fresh, great use of color and patterns, Kathysue

  5. Love this space! I'm a die-hard for preppy upbeat fabrics on traditional furniture. Would love to hear more about your journey from the law to artistic freedom. I was an art major in college, took a wrong turn in law school (and continue to practice), but now am renovating my house and LOVING the design world. I'm jealous/impressed with your transformation!!


  6. This is exactly how I pictured New England homes to look like. Also reminds me of Ina Garten's home in the Hamptons, Lovely lines.

  7. Love the cheeriness of these interiors. I think we're all ready for more of that!!! :)

    xoxo Elizabeth

  8. I love these photos, thanks for sharing! =)

  9. Oh, all that zebra goodness is pretty amazing!

    Sorry for being MIA this week, I haven't forgotten you Sue!! I have a sick puppy at home so this week has been a bit crummy but all is getting better :)
    Nancy xo

  10. Oh love his work - I didn't know that he was based in Rowayton!! I'm there almost every day in the summer as that's where we go to the beach!! I'm with you - love his bright clean tailored and modern style!! So happy to be back in and around the blogosphere!!

  11. Oh i LOVE the bursts of orange in here, even that orangey tinge on the leather ottomon, lurvely.
    Are you a fan of the egg chair for children?? My eldest has one in her room in red, LOVE it. Actually all of my children have chairs from Little Nest, eChair & Ottomon, the Giddy Up Horse, Woody chairs & Little Berts, i'm addicted & have lots of children to share my compulsion with, love Posie

  12. The patterns are lovely and cheerful!:D

    ***** Marie *****

  13. crisp & clean and clearly refreshing to come home to.

  14. oooo, I just pinned that yummy navy and orange room!

  15. Thanks for the nice post. that we are Interior Decorators in chennai and Interiors Designing in chennai .That I will inform about your post to my friends and all the best for your future post..

  16. Anonymous4/13/2012

    Anyone know where the chests are from in the navy/orange room?


Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved