Search

Loading...

11/8/11

Obsession Du Jour: Waylande Gregory Studios

Ever since I first learned about this stunningly chic line of ceramics, I've been beyond obsessed!  The story behind the Waylande Gregory line, is just as dazzling as the product itself. Given new life by Gregory's great-grand nephew, after the discovery of Waylande's pieces were unearthed in the basement of his great uncle's estate.  Waylande Gregory's works have been exhibited in the New York Metropolitan, Smithsonian and Whitney museums.  Today each piece is produced according to Gregory's high standards and techniques using rich matte glazes, 22K gold and platinum.  I'm completely enamored with the bold colors, luxe designs and glamorous motifs on each and every piece, which is why I'm beyond thrilled to announce that zhush.com will now be selling this collection! Surely to become collectors pieces, these also make the perfect gift for that hard to shop for person on your list. Check for new items to be added here.


go shopping: here

19 comments:

  1. these are fantastic! so bold and graphic and glam! thank you so much for sharing these - totally new to me!

    xo Allison
    Spicer + Bank
    www.spicerandbank.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous find! Loving the bowls. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE his work. And you know how much I love a good back story! BEYOND exciting that you are carrying this line!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Sue! Thank you for posting this! EXACTLY what I am looking for for the perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! Love their uniqueness ~ I'll be shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love all of this! I want to register for a couple pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous!!! Love all the colours and animals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Sue. I love every piece!
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That is an awesome story! I would love to see a photo of this estate. I bet it's just as eclectic as the bowls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. agree, I saw them sometime ago and they are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful works of art! The elephant or tiger would look great in my house! Hmmm....Christmas list?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are so gorgeous - love this line too! I was bummed I missed the Gilt sale. I saw a few pieces I would have loved to have, so I'm super stoked you're carrying it now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The elephants are spectacular!! :)xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are fantastic!! I love the colors and patterns. Such a great gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, yes ,yes!!! I got one, I had to have one of those vibrant green ring trays. Love it so much I even did a blogpost on WG following my discovery ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love Waylande Gregory!!!! So good!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow, I need to get my hands on some of those! Elephants and leopards...I'm such a sucker.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Was not familiar with this pottery, company or who he was
    Thanks for the introduction! Love the ceramics!
    Have a great weekend!
    Xx
    Jamie Herzlinger

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow, these are FABULOUS!! So glamorous! x

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved