Search

Loading...

12/15/11

Glitter In The Air

I love to follow trends. Some I embrace, while others I admire from afar. The fun part for me is really in retrospect. Looking back years later and seeing what we identify as part of the common zeitgiest of that era. Like when you watch a movie and see something so "nineties" or come across an old photo and think this seems so "eighties". I'm already wondering what will be that one thing that will always remind me of 2011?  So, as I peruse several catalogs, blogs and online shops, view t.v. commercials, receive party invites and attend functions, it becomes quite evident.  I'm starting to see it.  The "one thing" that I know will represent the Holidays of 2011 for me when looking back years from now: Glitter! It's literally everywhere. Clothes, cards, cupcakes, makeup, shoes, ornaments, ads...and then Pink's "Blowing Glitter In The Air" comes over Pandora, and this just seals it for me! I love this song and this whole glittery season.  What trends do you think will always remind you of 2011?
 
Have you ever thrown a fistful of glitter in the air?
Images via: Pintereset and BrooklynBride

19 comments:

  1. Yes, I've been seeing tons of glitter too - in fact I almost bought that nail polish (in a glitter set) for my daughter for Xmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to be seeing peacock blue everywhere - that a little glitter makes the season bright!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the festive glitter - and no, I've never thrown a handful in the air - I would be the one having to clean it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun images! I threw glitter once and let me tell you inside your home it's not a good thing hard to clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must be the little girl in us that makes us love glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree-glitter, sequins, and cystals everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could not agree more! I was just telling a friend that when I was in high school {about 10 years ago} glittered jeans were really popular and I am shocked that they haven't joined the glitter bandwagon this year. Although I've never thrown glitter up into the air, I do love this festive + sparkly trend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glitter is amazing! I have been wearing all my glitter shoes a lot this season. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! SO much beauty here! Love the boots.
    Congrats on the mention in Vanity Fair!
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are SO right!!! The one pair of shoes I bought for holiday? Silver/gold glitter platform sandals. You would approve!! :)

    So much fun hanging out the past 2 days. Safe travels!!
    xoxo E

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never thrown glitter in the air, but I do reserve my sparkly shoes for days where I might need a bit of cheering up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love this trend... it's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore those camel/glitter boots. They are amazing! I'm loving the glitter trend this year. My inner magpie just loves anything shiny!
    Saskia x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this post and all the sparkle this time of year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you hit the nail on the head. Glitter all the way for 2011! I'm loving it too. Who doesn't like a little glam when stepping out for an evening?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Did you say glitter!? I love a little shimmer and sparkle this time a year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope glitter never goes out of style. I'm downright obsessed with it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved the boots!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I adore those images! But then again ... I bought a pair of glitter flats (Kate Spade) maybe five years ago?? It's just fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved