Search

Loading...

12/19/11

Holiday Card Display Ideas

I just mailed out the last batch of our family Holiday cards!  Now that this chore is finally behind me, I get to enjoy the fun part...receiving and displaying all the charming greetings we receive.  Each year I surround our fireplace mantel in the living room with the photos and cards from all our friends and family.  A few years ago, I was inspired by Martha Stewart (naturally) to flank both sides of the mantle with grossgrain ribbons and pin the cards to them, creating two long garlands on either side of the fireplace.  While this method seems to suit us just fine, I'm always curious about all the other fun and creative ways people display their Holiday cards.  What's your favorite way to do this?
P.S. I was hoping to actually have a photo of our mantle included in here as well, but my camera had other ideas...do you here that Santa? My camera wasn't cooperating!  Anyway, for another really great card display option, check out Sissy's cork board wreath over at Blue Hydrangea...(love it!)

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful ideas! For now I have all my cards collecting in a big oversized gold sleigh..its the best I can do. Hopefully next year I will have a surplus of creative energy and do one of these wonderful ideas! Merry Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever ideas all! My mother used to make hanging red felt banners that she stapled all the cards to and hung around door openings in the house - it was very festive!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful ideas! I have been hinting about a camera for quite some time. I hope Santa is listening to both of us :)

    xoxo,
    Carly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute ideas! Beats just sticking them on the fridge or the mantel.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the one on the mirror! mine are all in a bowl right now... need to do better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have ours dotted around the large bookcase in our living room. I also have trays with cards from years past sitting out, it is always fun to see how much friends' kids have grown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have ours clipped to wooden clothes pins and set on our bookshelves through the magic of balance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seeing holiday cards displayed is one of my favorite holiday traditions. I tack ours to a white satin ribbon and the hang the thick ribbons on the back of the front door (from top to bottom.) Isn't it fun to look at everyone? Makes me feel blessed to have so many wonderful people in my family's life. XOXO.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the banister display and the mirror display! So many fantastic ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need this! Mine are just kind of haphazardly on my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm hanging my head in shame since all we do is toss our cards into a big dough bowl. I need more creativity in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did a post about displaying christmas cards as well.:) My favorite is the tree branch, I've been doing it for 4 years now.
    http://mybestfriendcraig.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-card-display.html

    Merry Christma, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what fun to display them all. I usually just keep them in bowl...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love to get holiday cards & see how kids are growing up! Hope you're well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is great, much better than me taping them to my pantry door. Love the holiday tree idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such great ideas - especially love those on the branches...beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh...just this weekend I was trying to think of a creative way to display our cards. What great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE those card displays...you just inspired me to get the cards off the hall table;)

    Happy Holidays!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Google+