Search

Loading...

2/13/12

Do Not Adjust Your Monitor


I've been meaning to write about this relatively new product from the Netherlands, called ixxi, ever since I first saw a post about it on Bloesem several months ago.  I flipped when I saw the image above...so many of my favorite art movements combined in one cool piece! To me, this looks like Chuck Close meets Post-Impressionist, Van Gogh.  But, if over pixelated images of famous paintings aren't your thing, (although, they're my favorite) this company can create just about anything your heart desires.  From family portraits to a Delft plate collection, there are endless options and ideas. The whole installation is connected with tiny little "x" pieces, hence the clever name.  Such a great way to add personal, creative flair to a large wall or space.


18 comments:

  1. What fun - love this - going to hop over to check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued! Off to learn more! Janell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just returned from a visit to their website. Thank you for sharing this! k

    ReplyDelete
  4. How versatile and artistically unique!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing art - so fun and unique! Will have to explore more...
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I am with you... Chuck Close is exactly what came to mind! I like the "Girl with Pear Earring" in the last image, great art selection for the space!!
    Not really a fan of the other non-pixelated images...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE THIS! Thanks for the introduction!!!! have a marvelous Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I'd totally get the Girl with the Pearl Earring one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How neat is that?! I am always on the hunt for good art finds, so I am glad you shared this company. I will def be checking them out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are really really cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! Such a fun twist on the traditional painting. I just repinned almost all of these!! thanks for sharing :-)

    xoxo
    eileen

    ReplyDelete
  12. so.freaking.cool!!!! I love the over pixelated look!! I will have to check this out!!! xoxo elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a great description!! Chuck Close + Van Gogh. Love that 2nd piece, too. Would be adorable in my boys' room!!

    Happy Monday and almost Valentine's!
    xoxo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  14. What? this is way good!! off to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cool...love it!! Checking it out now!

    Www.lifeofamodernhousewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is some super fun artwork! I am with Pretty Pink Tulips, I'd love to see that in a playroom, even a little hallway or a beach home! Fabulous find Ms. Zhush! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved