Search

Loading...

3/28/12

Real Ways To Wear Run Way


Today you are in for a "real" treat. I've asked Lauren from Where The Style Things Are, to give us all some insider dish.  Lauren is not only a fashion and style blogger, but she's also a New York City freelance fashion editor that has worked for some major mags. (The girl is bonafide.)  Here's her spin on the latest and greatest trends in fashion.

Hi there! I'm so thrilled to be on The Zhush, one of my personal favorites! As a freelance fashion editor and blogger I see all the shows and clothes and am excited to share the best of the runway to real way for Spring 2012.

PEPLUM: Everyone thinks peplum is such a hard look, but it's not. Keep the peplum in the top, not in a skirt, which could make you look heavier, and pair with a skinny bottom. Asos, $39.39
MINIMALIST BAG: Bags are finally going back to basics! You can get the simple shape almost anywhere, but be sure it has a long strap for double the look - cross-body or over the shoulder. Dooney & Bourke, $365 
COLORED LACE: Have fun with it! Black lace is great, but can get a bit boring. Be like Kate Middleton and go for navy or turn it all the way up in a bright. Ann Taylor, $198
CAP TOE SHOE: I love, love, love this look - so Parisian, so chic. White is too hard to wear for most, so go with classic black here. You'll get the same impact. Mango, $99
TIE DIE JEAN: How fun, right? But a little too hardcore with the sporty tops. You can never, ever go wrong with a simple, stark white top. AG Adriano Goldschmied, $176
Happy Shopping!

18 comments:

  1. FUN! Oh the peplums - there are EVERYWHERE and continuing into fall. Great job by Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I so love the Armani look, it's so classy, simple and elegant. Great to be able to get it at a somewhat reduced price :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love those gold capped pumps. I need them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that Giorgio Armani!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips for everyone and I love those bags!

    Enjoy your day!
    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff, Sue!!!


    Bethany
    www.PowellBrowerHome.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. luvs this post :) and may I just say, I am crazy about Peplum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all these trends!! Great post Lauren, what photo editing program did u use on the pics?
    xo

    http://www.lechicworld.com

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now if the "real way" body I have could wear the runway styles, I'd be buying everything in this post. Perhaps the peplum top could hide a muffin top? Love Lauren's picks.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore her tips! I've been wanting some cap shoes for a while. Definitely going shopping soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love this post!!!

    www.lifeofamodernhousewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post Sue! I have to say I am so happy that minimalist bags are back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great tips! I might have to order that top! Really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad y'all like the post - and so grateful to Sue for letting me play on The Zhush today!

    Monica - it's just good old fashioned InDesign! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love Lauren's take on what's hot right now! Those cap toe shoes are a must for my Spring wardrobe!!!

    xoxo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm obsessed with peplum! I wish I could afford the runway version!! haha, so not the point of this post. It's great to see the real versions against the runway!

    ReplyDelete
  17. great tips! love this. In regards to the tie dye jeans...as a birthday present to moi, I have hired a closet organizer/ wardrobe consultant. She has a penchant for dying, and more specifically tie dying. She says that when she has a piece of clothing that isn't quite the right color, or gets a stain, she just uses ritz dye to change it. She also tie dyes...imagine your favorite white jeans get a few stains....scrunch up sections, wrap them with rubber bands and dye them...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love seeing the real ways, people see runway but don't know how to translate it.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved