Search

Loading...

5/15/12

Inpsired By Shades Of Citrus

Having penned this blog for over two years now, friends will often ask my opinion on design concepts for their own homes (which I love!).  Since my friends are some of the best dressed people I know, I try to get them to relate their living spaces to their wardrobes, often recommending color palettes they would wear in an outfit.  Lately, I've been drawn to bright lemon and lime colors in clothing. So...when I hit upon this charming feature in Style At Home, I immediately fell for the color combos here.  All these citrus pops work so well with the neutral background.  For me, this helps to illustrate what I already suspected...all the brights I've been craving in my wardrobe will work just fine as long as I pair them up with some neutrals.  Some might prefer brights with brights, but for me in order to be comfortable, I need more of a balance of colors in both decor and fashion.

15 comments:

  1. Whats so great about the colors in these images is that a pop of purple would look so good!

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, love this! I always love some citrus - so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a great use of these colors. I think that certain shades of yellow are almost neutrals. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous images Sue, and I agree completely!! The citrus shades are perfect compliments for the season!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooohh..I would LOVE citrus and white wallpaper!!! Beautiful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dinning room with just the chairs in green. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm also inspired by citrus these days!!! Adds a freshness to everything from interiors to outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm drawn to every one of these spaces. Maybe it is the balance of the bright and the subdued. I never thought about it before....but it makes perfect sense!!!

    Hope you're indoors today!
    xoxo E

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! what lovely images and how beautifully styled. Citrus seems the way to go ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It works so well with neutrals and is perfect for this time of year when the sun starts popping out! Gorgeous and so fully of energy...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the wallpapers of course.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooooh I love! Totally agree! Great post!
    xoxo, Sarah

    http://hellolovelydecor.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all these!! Pinning them too!!!

    www.donnaviningblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great spaces! I especially love the baby room!

    www.lifeofamodernhousewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have that same chandelier in my dining room! Love these spaces. xo

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved