Search

Loading...

5/17/12

Teen Room Makeover: Inspired By Agus Interiors


As I continue to look for inspiration for my younger daughter's room makeover, I can really appreciate fabulous "before and afters" like this one from Jennifer Agus Interiors. As Jennifer explains, "When I began this project, we were faced with the issue of combining two sisters into one room. Initially, there was only one girl in this room with a lot of heavy & dark built-in furniture. The challenge was providing more space for both girls to accomplish their school work as well as storage for all of their toys." Agus used lacquer furniture, which is really durable for children, and softened the room with fun upholstery for the headboards and roman shades. She covered the ceiling with a lilac color that made the room look lighter and taller. With a dedicated color scheme and adjustments to the sizing and spacing of new bedroom furniture, Agus was able to pull together a design that offered the most space for both of them while introducing a bright red, chocolate, hot pink and white color way – not your average color combination. The bottom image gives you a sense of the "before"... I can never lead with the "befores"...(should probably call them afters and befores).



18 comments:

  1. WOW! What a transformation. I am trying to work on getting my son to a big boy room in the next few months. This provided some great inspiration. and I so agree about not leading with before pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the wallpaper :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness - that desk setup is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally in love with that bedroom!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing! The shades of red with crispy whites and a hint of black is a killer combination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sisters must love being in their room!! Great make over. Adore the rose wallpaper!!

    xoxo E

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5/17/2012

    Can you please share your source for the desk chairs? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anonymous, The desk chairs can be purchased at Design Within Reach...I happen to have the same chair:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quite a transformation. My favorite pieces actually are the oversized lamps. I think PBTeen has really stepped up their game recently and has some great design-worthy offerings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great room! I think any teenage girl would love this space!!

    www.donnaviningblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. the wallpaper!!! your blog is a wonderland of lovely.

    your newest follower and hope you'll follow back.

    smiles to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a difference! I'm like you, why lead with the before...when the after is so great! Can't wait to meet you at Blogfest!!! Only a few more days!!1 Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this space!! What I wouldn't do to have had this room as my own growing up. Love the subtle wall covering with bright pops of pink in the bedding!

    www.lifeofamodernhousewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. I can't wait to show this blog to my daughter when she comes home from school. We are in the middle of redecorating her room. Bright red and pink are a great combo. Your ideas are wonderful. I love surfing the web and getting new Design Ideas. I usually rely on Simply Decorate for help. While I do work for them, I can honestly say they always make the whole process of redecorating very easy for me. They have great ideas, as well as an amazing room decorating page. You should take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  15. what an amazing transformation, the room looks so great!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very chic! Love the lamps and the wallpaper. The whole room is wonderful. Inspiring work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i've always loved the look of twin beds in a room..something about the mirrored image is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seriously beautiful transformation! I love before and afters like these! The color combo is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved