Search

Loading...

6/12/12

Book Shelf Styling Conundrum

I love to style up bookcases.  This image above from The Coveteur, is one of my faves. It's exactly how I like to zhush...objects and books with some open spaces too.  However, there's a wall of built in bookcases in my husband's home office that I just can't get right.  Part of the problem is that the books shelves are quite long. In hindsight, I think we should've broken them up into smaller sections...but since we can't go back and reinvent the wheel, I've decided to comb the web for some more masculine bookcase inspiration (since the other part of the problem is that I'm bringing too much of a feminine vibe to the situation).  Thankfully, Miles Redd has some great examples of how to achieve a decidedly more masculine and sophisticated bookcase. I'm off to try to channel this very same energy...



12 comments:

  1. Great inspiration pics! Hope you share when you're "done" (are bookcases ever "done"?)... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED built ins in our family room with book cases!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius, I love stacking books by color! I have these four cubbies over my bed that have fantastic lighting, so I'm trying to figure out what exactly to do with them--stack books? Show off decorative vases?

    Can't wait to see your end result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have always loved styling bookcases but for some reason, i got tired of the things on my own in our family room and removed every item and now can't get statisfied with what to put there! ugh! i feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the openness and clean space of that first one. White is the best in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pic from the Coveteur is one of my favorites too!! Love everything in the second pic from the glossy black paint to the objects on each shelf!!! You have some great inspiration here!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see your pics when finished. We just bought a house and I have big plans for a study/den/office. I'll need some inspiration for the bookshelves though

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great examples! Thank you - I always learn something from seeing great shelf styling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the first masculine bookshelf. The metal "dividers"/supports are gorgeous against the dark wood & books!

    www.donnaviningblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the exact same problem in our family room - the shelves are too long!! Do you see how in some of the shelves it looks like the books are actually holding up the shelves? I think that's what I need to try! I don't have nearly enough book storage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Books and book shelves are two of my favorite things!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

    Love, Jamie Herzlinger

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the dark lacquered ceiling in the second image. Although the color is dark, the sheen reflects the light!

    Love,

    Jamie Herzlinger

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved