Search

Loading...

6/28/12

Obsession Du Jour: Matthew Heller

I've been meaning to write about artist Matthew Heller, for quite some time. After the amount of emails inquiring about the artwork seen here in our living room in the HGTV Magazine feature, I thought now seemed liked the right time.  Roughly three years ago, I was looking everywhere for the perfect piece of art to hang over our living room couch and had also recently started this blog.  At the time, I was doing a little series called "lyrical lovelies," matching song lyrics with interior images.  Music and design are two passions of mine, and it was a fun little creative excersise. So, when I stumbled across Matthew's work in a magazine article on Molly Sim's apartment, (the image below) it gave me full on goosebumps!  Minutes later I was on Matthew's site and by that evening emailing him some song requests.  Initially, I had hoped to have Guns and Roses "Sweet Child O' Mine" but the size of the piece and the cost were prohibitive... Paul McCartney's "Black Bird" immediately came to mind next, as it's a classic song that my husband and I both really love.  Three years later, the lyrics and the art still speak to me. This post should really read: obsession la vie...

12 comments:

  1. I love this art! This would be an incredible gift to a couple with the first dance song from their wedding. Love i t- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved those pieces and want one myself. I wish they were more available to all of us.
    As a matter of fact I bought my niece for here wedding gift a copy of her wedding song done by me oh my blog and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful and I was wondering about the artwork after I saw you in HGTV magazine. Thanks so much for sharing I'm off to have a look myself.

    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Sue. I love his work.
    Happy Thursday.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. His work looks fabulous in your living room!! So glad it was featured for all to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing the piece about him! I always have loved this piece and it was great to be able to go to his website and look at all of his work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the artwork!! So fun! And it looks fab in your home :)

    www.lifeofamodernhousewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous and meaningful! It looks amazing in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue I love his work too! it looks great in your lovely home! BTW, would you mind telling me what your wall color is? I think yours and mine might be the same and my ceiling is the same blue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE that painting! So pretty

    xoxo Jessica
    www.mystylevita.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it is a very beautiful home interior designing in this time and I am very impress to those designs. What a very relaxing place too. :)
    philippines properties for sale

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved