Search

Loading...

6/27/12

Tangled Up In Blue

I recently discovered this stunningly tranquil painting by Mary Warsop, and was immediately reminded of a tried and true designer trick.  Pull colors from a painting and accessorize accordingly.  The coordinated bursts of color throughout a room will make the interior look pulled together in a very chic and intentional way.  This same tip works well with rugs too!  Do you like to accent rooms with color?

1. agate clock
2. Waylande Gregory turquoise Asia small bullet bowl
3. agate frame
4. Waylande Gregory greek key box
5. Retro-Mod frames
6. monogram pillow
7. monogram pillow
8. artifacts bowl
9. agate votive
10. acrylic tray
11. Sister Parish tray
12. Waylande Gregory greek key square tray


6 comments:

  1. That painting is GORGEOUS! Wish it was mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, I am especially loving the cool blue of summertime! Refreshing and restful to the eye! Adore the Greek Key and Monogrammed items!
    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something about summer skies and cool ocean waters has me loving blue for the season (and you'll see a future post about the color on Friday!) Love your blue hued accessories.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the accessories. I too am having a blue moment and littered it all over my new office/guest room. I had one week to put it together and somehow that's the direction it went. Take a look, it's very similar to your blue post!

    XOXO,
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blues! I'm mad for that monogram pillow!!

    xx E

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I do, I also think no matter what colour palette a room is, it should always have a "touch" of black, just seems to make all the others colours/hues pop/ Nice post, thanks. I just did a short post on "you" if you would like to have a quick peak.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Google+