Search

Loading...

7/5/12

Book Review: The Joy Of Decorating

Last month, I was the happy recipient of Phoebe Howard's latest tome: The Joy of Decorating: Southern Style With Mrs. Howard.  This book is right up my ally as I'm such a fan of Phoebe and Jim Howard's work.  I've mentioned before that two of our closest friends are building their dream home with the Howards, I can't wait to see the results (which should be some time soon, maybe late fall).  Phoebe Howard has a gift for creating rooms with classic southern style that all look completely fresh and livable.  I found so much inspiration between the pages of this fabulous book!

10 comments:

  1. Looks like a gorgeous book. I'm in love w/ dining room #2! Hope your 4th was lovely, Sue! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great book to enjoy. I want to move into every room and stay there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the celadon in that living room! The print on the pillows is so good! (I keep thinking today is Monday. I was expecting a P.O.P. post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. never knew about this book- thanks- a must get...

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beatiful spaces! Love them.
    Some of the pieces makes me remember this brand collection... take a look: http://www.brabbu.com/upholstery/

    What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phoebe Howard is a wonderful interior designer, and her book is fabulous!
    Love the pieces you showcased.

    www.donnaviningblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. as Phoebe's editor I'm a little biased, but this book is gorgeous! Thanks for featuring it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Phoebe's work! I hate I was out of town when she came to Birmingham to speak! The girls that work for me went and said it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous places!Looks so sweet!The droplights are stunning!And the living room is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Believe it or not, I don't have the book yet, and have not even flipped through it - something to look forward to! Same goes with the new Veranda book. No particular reason, just got a ton of books around Christmas and have not focused on the new crop of books that have come out this year!

    - Holly

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved