Captivated By The Sea

Recently flipping through the July/August 2012 issue of Country Living, and this image above literally stopped me in my tracks.  I immediately tore it from the magazine, something I rarely do anymore, in this pinterest, tumblr, bookmarking age.  This "tear sheet"~ now sitting a top piles of paperwork on my desk, is reminding me of the "outdoor shower project" my husband and I keep talking about and yet keep putting off. The warm weather months all flit by in the blink of an eye, and we always seem to miss the right window of time for this... In a weird way, it's almost like a metaphor, too.  It's a reminder to take full advantage of summer before it's gone. Use our pool more. Get out to visit some beaches.  I went back to glance at this photo again, and, upon turning it over, realized that this entire Nantucket cottage is completely captivating.  You can view the rest of this home's vintage nautical charm, here.


  1. I know what you mean about this article. CL is one of the few paper magazines I still love to receive. In a bit of shameless self promotion, maybe you would like to check out my June blog post on our outdoor shower.... You will never regret adding one to your life!

  2. I love hearing about what catches your eye. And, yes... I want to be in that photo right now also.

  3. We had one but a few rough winters has it in need of restoring. I needed this reminder to get it back up and running asap!

  4. I feel more relaxed the kitchen!!

  5. Summer flies by in a flash! Get outside and enjoy that pool! :)

    xoxo Elizabeth

  6. Pinning that last image right now. What a perfect-sized (and adorable) oven and the driftwood handle on the far left cabinet. Lovely - thanks for sharing!

  7. Love Country Living magazine! That daybed is fab.

  8. So lovely. The colors and the nature inspiration...
    Take a look at this rug, inspired by the sand:

  9. I loved this spread too, Sue! Go for the outside shower--- so heavenly in the summer!
    Xx, Lynn from Decor Arts Noe


Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved