Search

Loading...

7/26/12

Hooray For Dumpster Day

In my never ending quest to get uber organized, I've ordered a small dumpster to be delivered here today.  The stuff that piles up in our house, is nothing short of amazing...rusted old broken toys, games with missing pieces, torn old ratty notebooks, the list goes on forever.  Spare interior features like this one from Country Living, inspire me to round up all the extraneous clutter and get down to the bare basics.  I love how this home is so sparse and yet still so warm.  I don't know if this is considered modern rustic, or maybe it's neo country...the only labels I'm interested in right now are the ones that read: "donate", "keep" and "toss."

6 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of this space! The combination of the white and the natural textured elements is perfect.
    Natasha
    http://www.lovedesignbarbados.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I could really go on ad nauseum on this topic. I am so drawn to sparse interiors and minimalism, but dont practice it AT ALL. I think I might respect the hell out of it and admire it because I can't quite do it myself or in any of my interiors. Its so graceful though. Sometimes I feel like I have way too much clutter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Organizing is the most satisfying chore, isn't it? What else leaves you with such a since of accomplishment?

    (The last two times I rented dumpsters, I wished I'd sprung for the next size up.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love a classic white room! Nothing feels better than getting organized!
    xx
    ks

    www.krystalschlegel.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean, I feel like I need to purge every so often. That bedroom is absolutely beautiful!

    www.donnaviningblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right ...I have been on a quest to get rid off all the excess from my closet to my junk drawers....seriously the show previews for Hoarders might have inspired this!, lol but seriously we just accumulate too much, now for anything new I buy, something or more has to go. I have been hanging on to clothes for too long..hoping I get to the pre-baby weight....you know favorite Levi's or fab dress...but he is 16 now! Anyway, in Poland and seeing the Euroean approach to living has been great fun, sparse and lovely, small and quaint.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved