Search

Loading...

7/3/12

Modern Prep

For several years now, the most compelling term in interior design has been "the mix."   Well designed spaces will often pull from several different design periods and styles, creating a look that's eclectic and stylish.  With all this mixing going on these days, this home from Colorado Homes and Lifestyles, is the first time I've seen mid-century modern paired so well with more traditional preppy patterns and design.  Mod with a twist of trad...I like it.

10 comments:

  1. Love this mix- tailored but still layered and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The mix" makes me so happy and I am mixing up my own house, bit by bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is so gorgeous! They definitely got the mix right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun mix! Playful, unique, but not too over the top. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love the drapes! Beautiful home!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That living room is absolutely gorgeous Sue!! I love the draperies!!

    www.lifeofamodernhousewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think preppy is something that can certainly "spunk" up even the modest or homes....be they mod or be that trad. I do love the images here....and think this is a huge trend - We all want sleek and clean yet a little fun prep in our homes too.
    happy 4th.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm in love with the hall and the staircase. the lounge looks chic

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!Amazing!The staircase is fantastic and love the curtain!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are really inspirational home interior design and I love the organized bedroom and the curtain really catch my attention.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved