Search

Loading...

8/8/12

Let's Make Up

Perusing all the great new styles and fashions for fall has me thinking how I never, ever seem to really change up my beauty routine...specifically the makeup I wear.  Truth be told, any attempts at a cat-eye have me looking cockeyed, and anything more that a light pink gloss on my lips leaves me feeling garish and clown-like.  However, at the risk of being stuck in a rut, or even worst...a time warp, I think I might want to tweak my look just a bit this fall...



As you can see, it's not a major overhaul.  Adding subtle shimmer to my eyes and some extra oomph in the eyelash department seem like just the thing for a more festive, evening look.  And, because I just can't seem to quit pretty sheer lip glosses, I thought I'd finally pick up one of these tubes that I've heard so many great things about.  Have you made any changes to your makeup bag recently?

top image via pinterest, original source unknown?

9 comments:

  1. I need to shake things up a bit in the makeup department too. I'm a play-it-safe kind of girl as well, but those eyelashes are speaking to me (aren't those the ones Alexa Hampton wears??)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wear very little make up. No eyeshadows, neither eyeliner. I recently added coral lipstick and at the beginning I felt ridiculous but now I can't live without it. I want it to look natural and not like a clown so I only apply two touches of lipstick and then with my finger distribute it, that way my lips get a natural coral color, then I put gloss to hydrate them.
    I can't believe you have that atelier, how do you do it so that your kids don't take everything out of place?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Nars products! I just bought their fast ride color for fall....it is a little daring...so a darker lip...but I think it will be fun for fall. I can easily spend money on so many things...but make-up is not one of them...not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right there with you. Since moving north 4 years ago, I barely wear any makeup. Which is not a bad thing, but I feel like I'm missing out on some fun! Please let me know how the eyelashes work out for you...the times I've tried have always been a disaster. I'd love some "how to" tips if you can figure them out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Nars lip gloss. It is the best. - Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've added some bright lipsticks to my makeup bag recently -- the change was scary at first, but I don't know how I would ever go back! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore that makeup desk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Nars makeup! Have a great day dear.
    -Ashley Cooper

    www.design-parlor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. See I always do nude lips but I'm trying to venture off into hues

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Google+