Search

Loading...

4/24/13

Wednesday Wants

Last Friday, I played hookie and took off for New York City.  Whenever I get into the city, I always love to soak up all the energy by walking around as much as possible and taking in all the street style. Seeing the chic women of New York always inspires me. I particularly noticed all the lovely ways women were sporting silk scarves.  Armed with this new sartorial motivation, once I got back home I took out the few silk scarves I own and decided that I needed to amp up the color in my own collection. As luck would have it, Saks.com is holding a Friends and Family 25% event, where I spied some really lovely options.  Between the New York Times highlighting silk scarves this past Sunday in the style section (see photo above) my own observations last week and this sale, I figured it was a sign and went ahead and purchased this one. What fun street styles are inspiring you lately?

6 comments:

  1. I have a collection of scarves and always wear one! There is something so feminine and cultured about a silk scarf~ Just like a strand of pearls.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stle! I must pull out my collection and re-assess. I love them around the house too, framed or draped in a grouping! Glad you got a trip to NY in!
    Xo Nancy
    Powellbrower.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4/24/2013

    I'm extremely pleased to discover this website. I wanted to thank you for your time just for this fantastic read!! I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff in your website.

    Check out my blog :: Kooktover.nl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue I love your choice! Scarves really finish an outfit beautifully!

    PS I am having a Paris Book Giveaway!
    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was actually thinking about selling the scarves on ebay! Need to rethink that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the scarf and thanks for the heads up regarding the sale! I like the denim shorts and shirt at the top.. the scarf really dresses it up.

    Glad the comments are working today!

    xxleslie

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved