Search

Loading...

6/17/13

Scenes From Our Vacation House

 
School's officially out for summer around here.  Last week, we thought we would keep our three kids busy and possibly tire them out a bit with some tropical sun and surf by taking a quick trip down to Florida.  Of course, my children have more energy than ever with all that fresh air. One cancelled flight odyssey back to New York, this past weekend, has left Mr. Zhush and I completely exhausted.  I did manage to take a few pictures of the progress on our home, although truthfully not much was done this trip.  While artwork and light fixtures still wait in boxes for installation, I'm happy that our new navy drapes with white Greek key trim (see below) were installed.  This all white, extra tall room really needed some color and I think these new window treatments really helped to define the style of this space.  Hopefully, the next time we head down, I'll have a lot more to show...I'm especially interested in tackling some of our outdoor spaces now, since that's really what a vacation home in Florida is all about.

P.S. I really want to replace these door knobs, maybe with something like this!

Shop the look here: 

16 comments:

  1. It looks lovely Sue! what a beautiful space and that pool looks wonderful! I know it's going to be a showplace with your good taste. Love that coffee table, OMG. Have a great week.
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrower.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That room is gorgeous! How exciting that you got a vacay home here! Our fam's is in north Georgia and I just love it there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue!! I love it!! The curtains are so good! ANd I love that they are black. And of course the trim is fabulous. Beautiful coffee table vignette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6/17/2013

    whоаh thіs weblog is greаt i lovе studyіng your articles.
    Keep up the greаt work! You recognize, lots of indiѵiduаls агe ѕеarching rοund foг this
    information, you can help them greatly.

    Stop by my site ... chatrandom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue a beautiful spot to get away to in the summertime!
    I adore your living room!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue,
    What a transformation your FL home has undergone!!! It's so super chic!!!!

    Happy Monday...and Happy Summer!
    xoxo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous! Where di you find the rug?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so fabulous!!! love seeing these little snapshots!
    Brittany
    www.classicallyb.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sitting area (especially that table!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6/17/2013

    Love your blog! Excited to see more pics of the summer home. Where did you find the lucite coffee table? Am trying to find one and have not been very successful. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aahhh...Greek key to my interior decor heart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome! Love the lucite table!!!
    Best,
    Karolyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous6/18/2013

    I all the timе used to read artіcle in nеωs paperѕ but noω as I аm a user of nеt thus from now Ι am uѕing net
    fοr articles οr reviеwѕ,
    thankѕ to web.

    Ηerе is mу ωebpage :: Bauchmuskelübungen

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful home! Your pool looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE!!! The house looks beautiful and I love Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous6/25/2013

    Gorgeous! Could you share info on the coffee table...where did you source this lovely piece of furniture? Love the look.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved