Ready, Set...

As you might recall from this post, I've been thinking a lot about how I'd like our table settings to look this holiday season.  While I'm pretty good about mixing our various patterns and finding some fresh ideas for centerpieces, one thing that always trips me up is the proper placement for everything on the table.  That's one reason I was so happy to discover this lovely informative chart over at Antiquaria, a fabulous blog (and shop with the same name).  While I know the fork goes on the left,'s those little things like soup spoons and dessert forks that always confuse me, since I typically don't set a formal table like this every night, (seriously, who does?)

Since beautiful place settings are always catching my eye, I've rounded up a few of my faves below, as well as some chic ideas for zhushing up your own celebrations.  High on my must-have list is the whole Juliska Country Estate dinnerware line, I think these charming plates would brighten up my whole table this fall. Also enticing, gold flatware sets that I've been eyeing for months, and are finally on sale (today is the last day to save 25% at West Elm). For more thoughts on how I get our table holiday ready, be sure to check out my post over at

Images via: Antiquaria, Everything Fab, Lonny, StyleMePretty, Martha Stewart and Rue

scroll thru for even more (shop-able) ideas and inspiration:


  1. hey nice post meh, You are one of the best writers I've seen of recent. I love your style of blogging here. this post reminds me of an equally interesting post that I read some time ago on Daniel Uyi's blog: Get Closer To Achieving Your Goals .
    keep up the good work friend. I will be back to read more of your posts.


  2. so many wonderful choices! bring on the holidays!

  3. I love these table settings and love how you link to things to get "the look"!

  4. Beautiful settings and I always forget about the glass placements. It's definitely something that we don't practice nightly ;)

  5. What beautiful table settings. My mom has 14 different sets of china, and I can't wait to get the chance to use a few. :)

  6. Beautiful table settings. I cannot wait to check out the links.


Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved