Search

Loading...

11/5/13

Book Review: In With The Old: Classic Decor from A to Z

Back when I first started this blog (four years ago, almost exactly, to the date!) Jennifer Bole's blog, The Peak of Chic, was one of the very first design blogs I'd ever read.  In fact, I think of Jennifer as the pioneer of all design blogs.  So you can imagine how excited I was when I learned that Jennifer was writing a book!  Equally exciting, getting to review a copy here today...

Jennifer's focus in In with the Old: Classic Decor from A to Z, is mainly on the details of traditional 20th Century design.  This clever book reads like an encyclopedia for stylish living.  Jennifer gives the history and details the use of many popular design elements, like campaign furniture, all things Chinoiserie, Lucite, bar carts and my favorite ~ monograms, just to name a few.  In addition to helpful tips for decorating with these charming accents, Jennifer also included a beautiful photograph or an original illustration (done by her own sister) for each entry.  I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in learning more about interior design. 



Scroll through for even more ideas on how to get the In with the Old: Classic Decor from A to Z look in your home...

5 comments:

  1. Love the dog print wallpaper - how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer's book is going to be a great resource for so many! A Foreword by Alexa Hampton... very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo Jennifer! When I started SM I too looked to the Peak of Chic for inspiration, she was one of the pioneers of blogging chic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is on my list of must haves!! Thanks so much for sharing!
    Karolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im really interested in this book. Thanks for the review! Hope your daughter had a great birthday!
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved