The Gift List - Young Huh

Why we love Young Huh Interiors and her blog Les Design Nerdes: If you didn't catch my previous post on why I love Young's gorgeous interior design projects, make sure to check it out. Not only does she design chic homes, but her blog posts for Les Design Nerdes are always on point.

Young’s three favorite gift items:
1.This small elephant purple bullet bowl - “You can give some holiday sparkle with any of Waylande Gregory’s dishes and boxes. Perfect for accessorizing a coffee or side table.”
2. These mint julep cups - “I like keeping a stock of these Silver Mint Julep Cups to give as gifts. To a holiday party, I’ll bring a hostess a little bouquet of flowers with fir branches and berries in a mint julep cup.  I wrap the entire cup and bouquet in clear cellophane and tie with a pretty ribbon hung with a handmade Christmas ornament.”
3.This fab acrylic block monogram necklace - “My blog partner Audrey and I gave each other these Moon and Lola necklaces with our blog monogram LDN. Anything monogrammed is such a wonderful gift because you’ve taken time to personalize it. I love all the monogram possibilities at zhush!”

What is Young’s favorite holiday tradition?
“We go to Michigan to spend Christmas with my parents. On Christmas Eve, we decorate the tree while my mother prepares a gorgeous meal of turkey or prime rib. We all have hot chocolate stirred with a candy cane and sing holiday songs. After dinner, we bake and decorate Christmas cookies using the Silver Palate shortbread hearts recipe. The kids assemble a plate of their best cookies for Santa along with a glass of milk and carrots for the reindeer. Later on I have a terrible time getting them to bed because they are so excited and pumped on sugar! When we finally get them to sleep, my husband and I spend hours wrapping presents. Even though the kids do not believe in Santa Clause anymore, he insists that we have separate Santa gifts wrapped in different paper and cards written in Santa’s hand. (As the night wears on, Santa’s writing starts looking like Mom’s!) We put the gifts around the tree and eat Santa’s cookies (leave crumbs), drink the milk and take bites out of the carrots. What compels us to leave evidence of Santa’s visit for non-believing and now much older children- I can’t explain beyond habit and tradition.  Exhausted, my husband and I stumble into bed, hopefully with our teeth brushed, to dream of sugarplum fairies and snowflakes. When the kids wake up Christmas morning, they make us laugh by still going through the charade of saying, ‘Look! Santa ate the cookies and the reindeer ate the carrots!’ ”


  1. So NICE...LOVE your blog.

  2. Love this series and thanks for the intro to Young!

  3. LOVE Young and her work - and her design blog with Audrey is fabulous!

  4. Young you're so stylish! Love your gift picks!


Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved