Search

Loading...

12/26/13

Holiday Reading and Relaxing

I started reading The Interestings: A Novel, by Meg Wolitzer at the end of this summer, but didn't get a chance to finish it until over the Thanksgiving holiday last month.  When life slows down, this is exactly the type of book I enjoy reading (and I really enjoyed this one).

Now that the Holiday hustle and bustle is behind us, I'm looking forward to relaxing.  With all three children off from school until just after the new year, we're heading down to Florida for a quick trip.  I'm planning on catching up with all my favorite magazines and blogs and unwinding with at least one really great book.  Below are a few of the titles catching my eye, I'd love any feedback on these or the names of a few others that you really love!

Also worth mentioning is our recent binge TV marathon of Lillyhammer. We started up with season one only a few days ago and we're already in the middle of season two.  There are so few TV shows that my husband and I can agree on, but this is our new favorite.  It's a hilarious dark comedy, sort of The Sopranos meets Christopher Guest.  Anyway, I'm going to be sad when we reach the end of season two, and would love any good movie and tv show recs as well!  Hoping you all get a chance to relax and recharge before the year's end.


14 comments:

  1. My roommate is actually from Lillehammer in Norway and I just realized there was a show about her hometown the other day! If you haven't watched The Newsroom, House of Cards, Scandal, Homeland, or Friday Night Lights, you definitely should! They are all so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Preppylove! I'm laughing b/c I've watched every one of these series (and loved them all) except for Scandal, and everyone I know is addicted, so I think I need to find out why~

      Delete
    2. And Breaking Bad! ADDICTING.

      Delete
  2. I literally JUST finished the book thief, and it was such a beautiful and moving story. So well written, though I feel like I should warn you that it's also pretty devastating! I might give 'the interestings' a go if you enjoyed it so much, I need something new to read xx

    www.charlotteswebblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like The Interestings, everyone is warning me about how intense The Book Thief is, so I think I might start that one after vacation. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  3. Oh that Book Thief.. I read that 3 years ago and sobbed! So needless to say I could not handle the movie! Thanks so much for other suggestions, I am always looking for new books!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'll cry too...so I think I'm going to wait until after vacay to start that one! Thanks so much for all your great feedback!

      Delete
  4. I am reading the Book Thief right now and LOVE it!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too Sissy! Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Have you read Me Before You by Jojo Moyes?! You should! SO good! The Interestings is next on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just checked it out, great reviews, I'll have to add it to my list, thanks!

      Delete
  6. The Book Thief is one of my favorite books of all time. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, same to you!:)

      Delete
  7. I just saw The Book Thief in the movies! Needless to say I cried throughout the movie. I would love to read the book though.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved