Search

Loading...

1/3/14

Organization On My Mind

Every new year brings with it that feeling of clean slates, that promise of a fresh start.  Do you make resolutions?  I don't really do anything official, but I do always seem to focus harder on two things each and every January; losing weight and getting organized. Of course there is nothing earth shattering about these fairly common goals, I think the holidays often bring with them so much excess, that it's only natural to want to focus on cleaning up and slimming down once all the new year's confetti has settled.

For me, losing weight is a bit more challenging than getting organized, so I'm starting off the year with that which comes more naturally.  It's my hope that the great sense of achievement that comes with completing organizational projects around the house will boost my motivation into my other (somewhat tougher goal).  I love how an organized closet, desk and pantry feels, almost as much as fitting back into my skinny jeans.

Today, I've chosen some visual inspiration as motivation to tackle clutter and closet chaos.  This top image here is my favorite... I love the idea of re purposing common household items (like magazine/files and paper towel holders) in order to neatly display accessories in the closet, just like the way it's been shown here. And, I'm absolutely stealing this idea of hanging up some necklaces with command hooks! What are some of your favorite ways to stay organized?

Images via: Real Simple; I Heart Organizing; Real Simple and MarthaStewart.com

shop all these great ideas:

9 comments:

  1. I have a little jewelry tree that was purchased from IKEA years ago (they don't even carry it now), but that idea of using magazine holders as closet organizing helpers is brilliant! I also have a vanity desk that's really a computer desk, though it has a drawer in it, so I've placed my makeup inside document trays from Target. Stuff doesn't roll around in the drawer and it stays pretty tidy.

    We could do with something to organize our "junk drawer" like the one pictured, so maybe it's time for another trip down the office organization aisle to find something like the solution they used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just reorganized my space yesterday! it's truly amazing how cleaning out a little (or a lot!) of clutter can totally clear your head! lovely post! xx

    http://thehannahway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such nice ideas...I really need this! My jewelry collection is all over. Thanks : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you are done come on over to my home - please!! Great ideas here!!
    Karolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing how much better I feel when my house is organized! Great inspiration here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always get on an organization kick in January (and then again for spring and September too!) but this year, in the middle of a remodel, we are so disorganized it is making me insane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue,
    If you want to get in great shape try CST50 in Darien. I highly recommend it. I am not a huge exercise buff, but I have to say twice a week on the megaformer for 50 minutes and you feel and look great.
    I am planning on organizing my jewelry as well, great inspiration.
    Best,
    Donna
    thebeneblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I organized my jewelry last year and I love it. It's one of my projects that actually lasted. I try to be super clean but I'm definitely the girl with the scary Monica Geller closet. Look behind closed doors and the gig is up!

    Katy www.designsbykaty.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love being organized! I just wish we would stay put in one place so that systems I put in place can stay - I'm forever having to find new solutions in every place we live!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved