New House, New Needs

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Today I'm taking a quick break from unpacking to do a little online shopping.  I knew our move to Connecticut would be an ordeal, I just didn't realize how time consuming it would really end up being. I also knew that we were going to need a few new things to round out some rooms, I just didn't really know what...

Now that we've lived here in the new house for a little over one week, I'm getting a better sense of what our new needs are going to be.  For starters, we're really short on storage...the old house had a lot of built in book cases and secret little nooks and benches with pull out drawers. It's going to take some time to replace that custom look, until then, I'll be relying on these fun little drawers from Poppin in my daughters' rooms and these fab Sapien bookcases in my son's room.

Some of the closets have a bit of a musty odor (the house sat empty for some time) in addition to a lot of open windows, I'm investing in a few of these Diptyque scented closet ovals.

My home office is darker than I had originally thought, but it's fun to think about new lighting options. Right now I'm loving this sweet little pagoda themed lamp for my desk.  

Finally, this bench is from Target- it looks so good, the price is right and there's NO assembly required.  I might just need to think up a reason to buy it!  Maybe for my new closet?

Scroll through to see all the other little things I'm contemplating this week...


  1. I know that you are enjoying the shopping part, even though it is so much work. I can't wait to see everything finished.

  2. I have the bench from Target in my closet and love it. It looks great in my walk in. I bought it a year ago at Target and they just recently started reselling it. My sisters and a few girlfriends have all gone out and bought it. Can't wait until they sell out :-)

  3. LOOOOVE that bench-i swear it looks much more $$$ -great find!

  4. Great choices Sue. I know moving is such a chore! I said I did not need another thing and have added several items since moving a year ago!

    The Arts by Karena

  5. Good luck settling in, that can be so hard at times but also so gratifying (in the end), what great finds you have here, that bench is fantastic and I didn't know diptyque made "closet ovals", off to shop!

  6. Sometimes Target just nails it- I ordered that bench and those things sell out asap! Good luck with unpacking! xo Nancy

  7. As stressful as moving is, it is also fun to start anew. I am looking forward to your first house tour! Have a lovely day, Sue!! xoxo


Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved