A huge part of the traditions surrounding the holiday season is based on food. Today I thought I'd share some of our favorite food gifts to give and to get. Most of these we simply repeat every year...no need to fix it if it's not broken!
1. Several years ago we received one of these giant caramel apples as a gift. It was so over the top delicious that I've been ordering one for us all to
2. Confession, I've never actually tried one of these Assumption Abbey Fruit Cakes, but we sent one to my Dad on a whim about five years ago after hearing him reminisce about fruit cakes from his childhood. This was such a big hit with so many compliments that now both Grandpas get one every season.
3. Peppermint Bark! This is a personal fave of mine, we give it and we always get extras for ourselves. SO GOOD!
4. I love to send little treats from some of my favorite NYC places to eat, FRED'S at Barneys fits the bill perfectly, with these sweet little gifts of chocolate pretzels and graham crackers.
5. When all else fails, you've run out of ideas, etc....there's always Starbucks, right?
6. We've gotten both the Neiman's famous chocolate chip cookies AND the chocolate chip cookie mix as gifts and I can tell you first hand, it's really only all about the mix. Easily makes a perfect batch, and this way you get to decide between crispy or chewy, we always go chewy...
What are some of your favorite foods that you like to give and get this time of year?
This wraps up the gift guides for 2014. For more gift giving inspiration check out HOSTESS GIFTS, BOOK GIFTS, GIFTS FOR TEEN GIRLS, GIFTS FOR HIM, GIFTS UNDER $50., STOCKING STUFFERS and my own little WISH LIST.
shop the food gifts here: