Mix Those Metals

My good friend Julianne is in the early process of renovating her kitchen. Not only does this friend have fabulous taste, but she's also a professionally trained chef who really knows a thing or two about great kitchen design.  So I was so flattered when Julianne came to me for my opinion on a few of her ideas.

One design tip I stressed was that you could (and even should) consider mixing different metals in the kitchen.  Go bold with those brass and chrome decisions mixed together. She wasn't so sure about this advice at first (despite having seen my own mixed metal kitchen design in person...ahem.)  But, a picture really is worth a thousand words, so I took to Pinterest to make my point in a more visual manner.  That's when I came across the award winning amazing kitchens of Heidi Piron.  Her exuberant use of brass with chrome offers another chic example of this mixed metal look and how modern and fresh it looks in a kitchen. Go check her out and let me know if you love a mixed metal look in the kitchen as much as I do!


  1. I love the gleam of mixed metals and am amazed at how beautifully they work together! Spot on Sue!!

    The Arts by Karena
    Ceramic Artist Leah Bowring

  2. Great look and beautiful kitchen Sue .. love those open shelves!


Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved