Search

Loading...

3/30/16

Divine Details: The Kitchen Backsplash

kitchen 1
Hello Zhush readers! It's Katy from Designs By Katy back with another divine detail. We're currently building a house, and one of the key details I can't decide on is our kitchen back-splash. The back-splash tile, can really set off your space. It's the designer handbag to your outfit. Here's the real dilemma: should I go classic or bold?
kitchen 2
kitchen 3
kitchen 4
kitchen 5
You can never go wrong with a subway tile, but I'm leaning heavily towards this one (which is a bold choice!). What are your votes? Thanks again for having me, Sue. Come visit my design blog at Designs By Katy!
katy zhush

7 comments:

  1. Hi Katy! I renovated a home a little over a year ago, and I my kitchen doesn't have a backsplash area, and I was somewhat relieved because it is a hard decision. I'm liking the square subway tiles these days. Good luck with your design and choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In our house we have square stone tiles, which go very well with the red marble countertops (it's the local marble, and our kitchen is in a great room setup, so the countertops are the centerpiece of the room, and everybody notes that we used local marble). Anyway, very timeless and classic.
    We are renovating a pair of 17th century apartments and for one I've chosen encaustic tiles with a large pattern so it isn't too busy (effect more like picture #2 and not like picture #3). The pattern is mostly black loops with deep red accents against a white/cream background, and the floor is traditional terra cotta tiles (from the period). In the second apartment, the kitchen is smaller. I went for something bolder, azulejos with a deep blue and yellow pattern (again, on the large side) against a white background. The tiles are from Mainzu, a Spanish manufacturer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these kitchens!
    Thats where friends and family gather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a white Kitchen with honed black granite. I love the way it looks, but it still needs that pop to make it personal. I kicked around the idea of antique mirror tile. I LOVE IT! I think the antique mirror can be a bold choice but also a classic because the mirror looks vintage and aged. I would love to see it installed!!!! let us know what you decide...

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
2009-2014 Sue De Chiara. All rights reserved